I know on this blog I try not to talk about myself, because my business is really about the people who want me to take their portraits. It’s about other people, and giving service and helping. But I understand that sometimes it’s interesting to read about photographer as human being. Because online, most of the time people only put the highlights of their lives, the good stuff. And I’m just as guilty of it as well. So here’s a few things you might not know about me:
1. I really like junk food. No I mean, it’s like crack to me. I have to tell myself, that fruit and vegetables are better than chips and soda. Even though I seriously want that stupid soda and bag of Cheetos. And then afterwards, I feel like a loser or failure or whatever when I give in to the craving of junk food.
2. I’m a very proud person and sometimes take life way to seriously. My husband helps me with this, because he is silly and I’m not. He helps me loosen up.
3. I don’t take jokes very well. See #2. I have hard time laughing at myself. I think it has something to do with wanting to being perfect all the time. Which I know is a ridiculous way of thinking but for some reason I can’t shake that feeling.
4. I’m better at making a to-do list than actually doing any of the things on the list. If I could find someway to get paid just by organizing things/events/to-do’s on paper than I would be really good at it. It’s the actual doing that stumps me.
5. I have a secret wish to live like a Gypsy. I know that sounds strange, but there is a part of me that doesn’t want to be tied down and wants to live from city to city.
6. I’m a big fan of Lord of the Rings and Greek Mythology. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the fantasy part or something but I really like any movies or books that deal with wizards, spells, Greek Gods, special powers, all that. hahaha.
7. Speaking of books – I’m an avid reader. Only thing is when I find a book I really like, I can’t stop reading it. Like, “lay in bed all weekend so I can finish this book” type of can’t stop reading this book. So I’ve been sticking to blogs lately because the posts are short and I won’t stay up all night reading.
8. I’m the same way with movies. When I watch a movie, I have to watch all of it. My husband will fall asleep half way through and not care about the movie at all. But not me. It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen it 10 times. I will watch the whole thing.
9. I like the idea of being able to cook, but I do not want to put the work in to learn. So I just don’t cook. Sounds terrible now that I’m typing that out. But it’s the truth. I love good food, but I’m not about to give the time and effort to learn how to do it. It’s just something that doesn’t interests me. Luckily my husband loves to cook. So I observe and clean up.
10. Last thing you might not know about me, I hate scary movies. Like can’t even watch the previews. My mind has a crazy imagination and I hate the feeling of being paranoid. So I stay far away from them as possible. This girl is not about of have bad dreams or feel like she going to be murdered in her own house.
So there you have it. 10 things. I hope you can relate to some of them. If you can, be sure to let me know in the comments!